Berwick Mitsubishi is an organisation that is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles is available for your perusal at our premises or you may obtain a copy from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at http://www.oaic.gov.au.
The Information we collect
Berwick Mitsubishi may collect information about you such as your name, associated company names, address, email address, drivers licence number, details of any trade in vehicle you own, and other contact details, position, occupation, business and financial information and information about products or services you have obtained from us or are interested in.
Berwick Mitsubishi collects personal information directly from individuals or from list purchases. Personal information may also be collected publicly available sources of information, competitions, or referrals from individuals or other entities.
Personal information held by Berwick Mitsubishi is stored onsite on the company’s own servers, with a third party data storage provider, with the contractor or is combined or linked to other information held about an individual.
How We Use Your Information
- To verify your identity.
- To facilitate your purchase of a vehicle, and keep a record of them.
- To facilitate the service and mechanical repair of a vehicle and keep record of such services.
- To administer and manage our services including charging, billing and collecting debts.
- To provide information to our finance and insurance providers.
- To provide you with warranty information.
- To answer your inquiry.
- To carry out the transfer of registration of your vehicle.
- To assist us make Berwick Mitsubishi’s services and products more valuable or useful to you.
- To undertake direct marketing of products or services of Berwick Mitsubishi and other parties and to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you. If we contact you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, we will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further marketing communications.
- To third parties who work with us in our business and provide, promote or improve the products or services you have requested or are interested in, such as government agencies, manufacturers and suppliers, couriers and delivery contractors, marketing consultants and promotion companies, website hosts and IT consultants and professional advisers such as management consultants, lawyers and accountants.
- To protect the rights, property or safety of Berwick Mitsubishi.
Your personal information may also be disclosed to overseas recipients. As the internet is a global environment, where we use the internet to collect and process personal information this will necessarily involve the transmission of that information worldwide. We may also share your personal information with our associates and suppliers overseas. Where we do so, we will take reasonable steps to ensure such recipients comply with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012.
Where you do not wish to provide Berwick Mitsubishi with your personal information, Berwick Mitsubishi may not be able to sell the vehicle to you or service your vehicle.
Access to your information
You have a right to access personal information held about you subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to access the personal information that Berwick Mitsubishi holds about you, please contact our Privacy Officer as set out below. We will provide you with access to your personal information unless we are legally authorised to refuse your request.
If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time, please contact us. After notice from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know and we will delete that information wherever practicable.
Berwick Mitsubishi takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files. The internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, Berwick Mitsubishi cannot accept responsibility of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
If you would like any further information, or have any queries, problems or complaints about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, you should first contact our Privacy Offer:
20 Kangan Drive, Berwick VIC 3806.
03 9709 2999
You may be asked to put your complaint in writing and your complaint will be dealt with within 30 days. If you have any concerns about the way your complaint is being handled, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at http://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us-page by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 1300 363 992.
Links to Other Sites
This site contains links to other Websites. We are not responsible for the Privacy Policies of other sites.